Saturday, February 25, 2012

My first taste of fame

I was recognized on the street tonight as the pedicab blogger. No kidding! I was sitting on a corner updating my logbook, when this guy shouted out from the opposite corner, "Hey pedicab blogger!" Two other pedicabs passed between us just at that moment, and he shouted out again from across the street. "I know you! You're the pedicab blogger. I want to ride with you."

I guess this is how it all starts. So far I'm kind of digging this fame thing to tell the truth. Don't get me wrong. I understand that it can get to be a real burden. I wonder how much longer till I have to start dealing with the paparazzi and all that. In the meantime, I want to take this opportunity to promise all my friends that I'll NEVER forget the little people.

By the way, after the guy got on the bike, he said, "I want to be in your blog," and I said, "OK, you're in!" So here's a shout-out to a very special passenger: Mr. John Ramirez. Thanks, John. You made my night! Hope to give you a ride again sometime soon. The next one's on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment