Friday, December 9, 2011

Is it time to consider drastic measures?

I'm sitting in my car trying out the blogger app on my phone and enjoying a few more minutes warmth before I ride out on another dreary December day. Hope it's better than yesterday. The day shift is always a lot less profitable and entertaining than the night shift, but yesterday was more miserable than most.

It started out pretty well actually. I got three rides in quick succession, which almost never happens in the morning. I couldn't resist bragging about it over the radio, and my boss said, "Mark, we're going to have to pull you off the street and put you in the classroom so you can teach everyone else how it's done!"

I basked in the praise. Looking back I'm overcome with shame that the multitude of sermons I had heard on "Pride goeth before a fall" availed me naught in my hour of temptation. After those first three rides I only had four more the rest of the day.

The worst part was that I didn't get one single comment on my calves all day. Not one. Definitely a career first. If this keeps up I may have to look into calf augmentation surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment